Table of Contents
What is AMS Montessori?
Nancy McCormick Rambush founded the American Montessori Society (AMS) in 1960. The headquarters of the American Montessori Society is located in New York. Other organisations, such as AMI, follow Maria Montessori’s standard methodology. AMS, on the other hand, does not adhere to this rule and has the freedom to use outside materials, resources, and curriculum.
AMS Montessori does not teach uniformly. Along with the basic methodology, AMS includes updated information such as the utilisation of technology and current events. Schools that are more AMS oriented can provide you with the best computer skills and relevant current event information.
AMS aids pupils in their development and creative decision-making. AMS classrooms are tastefully decorated for distinct age groups. Students benefit from this sort of schooling since they can learn from their own experiences. Montessori classrooms are visually appealing, and the furniture is made of Montessori materials.
What is AMI Montessori?
Maria Montessori founded the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) in 1929. AMI follows the curriculum developed by its founder, Maria Montessori. AMI Montessori’s teachers are highly qualified.
AMI Montessori focuses on children’s emotional, behavioural, and cognitive well-being. It makes a person productive by giving a customised curriculum and methodology. In a Montessori school, students work both individually and in groups. AMI is a well-known organisation on a global scale. Every four years, it hosts an international congress.
AMI Montessori is known for its consistency and uniformity. AMI is, without a doubt, a wise choice. In addition, AMI is the most traditional Montessori school. AMI teacher training has a good reputation and a certificate that is recognized all over the world.
Difference Between AMS and AMI Montessori
- The full form of AMS is American Montessori Society and the expanded form of AMI is Association Montessori Internationale.
- Maria Montessori established AMS, whereas Nancy McCormick established AMI.
- AMS does not adhere to the original methodology; rather, it combines a new curriculum that is mostly focused on current events and technologies. Whereas, AMI is known to maintain originality and follow the methodologies introduced by Maria Montessori.
- There is no uniformity and continuity in AMS, Whereas there is uniformity and continuity in AMS.
- The headquarters of AMS is situated in New york. Meanwhile, AMI is headquartered in Amsterdam.
Comparison Between AMS and AMI Montessori
|Parameters of Comparison||AMS||AMI|
|Establishment||AMS was founded in 1960||AMI was founded in 1929.|
|Curriculum||AMS incorporates current facts and technologies into the curriculum||AMI adheres to the approach and curriculum established by Maria Montessori, the organization’s founder.|
|Headquarters||The headquarters of AMS is situated at New york||AMI is headquartered in Amsterdam|
|Teaching||The teaching at AMS Montessori is consistent and ongoing||AMI does not adhere to the principles of consistency and continuity|
|Founder||Maria Montessori founded the American Montessori Institute (AMI)||AMS was founded by McCormick Rambush|