Table of Contents
What are Aluminum Arrows?
Aluminum arrows are one of the three types of arrows used in archery, apart from carbon and wood arrows. They have been used for over eighty years and are one of the most dependable arrows for archers. They are available in a range of sizes.
Aluminum arrows are mainly used for high-level indoor range shooting or short-distance shooting. They are exceedingly light in weight, allowing them to be fast and easy to transport. With this they are also durable which means they will last longer than materials like wood and less time will be spent on gear change. They are perfect for beginners and experienced archers as they are easy to use and have high strength and consistent straightness which gives deeper penetration while hunting.
They are also famous among archers as they cost less and have good durability and life span. People who want to start archery as a hobby or a career can begin with aluminum arrows for the many advantages they have. Although aluminum arrows bend easily when manhandled, they do not crack or shatter like carbon arrows.
What are Carbon Arrows?
Carbon arrows are comparatively new to the archery world as it has only been thirty to forty years since they were last used. They are based on the latest technology and are still evolving. They are faster, straighter, and more durable than any other arrow type.
The durability of carbon arrows lasts even when manhandled which makes them a good choice for archers who want to reuse their gears for a long time, which compensates for their high price. They can take manhandling and still perform as if they were new. They maintain their straightness which gives them good accuracy.
They are more lightweight and have narrow shafts compared to other arrow types. Since the narrow shafts are less subject to wind drift, they give deeper penetration and more accuracy. And their lightweight makes them good for long-distance shooting.
When a person is new or a beginner in archery, they are bound to lose their sets or gears during their training. Because the price of carbon arrows is high, it is reasonable to state that carbon arrows are most suited for professionals and experienced archers because of their lightweight and durability.
Difference Between Aluminum and Carbon Arrows
- Aluminum arrows have a shorter lifespan than carbon arrows. Although they do last longer than wood arrows.
- Aluminum arrows are used for shooting at short distances or in indoor shooting, whereas carbon arrows are used for shooting at longer distances.
- Aluminum arrows are cost-friendly and have a good cost-to-value ratio, whereas carbon arrows are comparatively costlier.
- The shaft of aluminum arrows is broad compared to carbon arrows, whose shaft is narrow.
- With time and usage, aluminum arrows will bend, whereas carbon arrows do not bend; they maintain their straightness.
- Aluminum arrows are slower in comparison to carbon arrows.
- Carbon arrows give deeper penetration than aluminum arrows.
- Aluminum arrows are best suited for beginners, while carbon arrows are best suited for experienced or professional archers.
Comparison Between Aluminum and Carbon Arrows
|Parameters of Comparison||Aluminum Arrows||Carbon Arrows|
|Durability||Aluminum arrows are less durable in comparison||Carbon arrows are the most durable arrows.|
|Range||They are used for shooting in short distances or indoor ranges.||They are used for long-distance shooting.|
|Cost||They are cost-friendly.||They are costlier than aluminum arrows.|
|Shafts size||Their shafts are usually broad.||Their shafts are usually narrow.|
|Shape sustainability||They bend.||They cannot bend.|
|Penetration||They give deep penetration into the target.||They pierce the target deeper than an aluminum arrow.|