Table of Contents
What is AANP?
The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) organizes a test for nurses to qualify for further study. As CEO of AANP, Mr. Jon Fanning is a visionary leader in his current position. Because it is an advanced course for nurses, Nurse Practitioners (NP) can take this exam.
The AANP has fewer specializations than the ANA. A-GNP, ENP, and FNP are nursing specialties (FNP-C). It is necessary to finish 150 questions on the AANP exam in 3 hours to pass the exam. There are also some differences between the AANP exam pattern and the ANCC exam format.
The evaluation, diagnosis, clinical management, and professional role topics covered by the AANP syllabus are great details. A distinction exists between the ANNP and the ANCC curricula. Compared to the ANCC exam, the AANP exam is less expensive, and the AANP exam has a lower registration fee than the other exams. It was only in 2013 that the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) exam was first offered. The advanced training for nurses has therefore received a new examination.
What is ANCC?
In comparison to the ANA, the AANP offers fewer areas of concentration. One can become a nurse specialist in various ways (FNP-C). However, there is a tiny variation between it and AANP. The American Credentialing Center (ANCC) is the name of the organization, and the American Nurses Association (ANA) is in charge of the ANCC (ANA). In other words, the ANA is responsible for or guides the ANCC. Because this is an advanced course for nurses, Nurse Practitioners (NP) can sit for this test. Both tests are open to anyone who meets the eligibility requirements.
When comparing the ANCC to the AANP, the ANCC has more specializations. Nurse practitioners can choose from various disciplines, including adult and geriatric primary care, acute care, family nursing, pediatric primary care, psychiatric mental health, and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHPNP).
It takes 3 to 4 hours to complete the 200 multiple-choice questions on the ANCC exam. There are also some differences between the ANCC exam and the AANP exam. Assessment, diagnosis, planning, and evaluation are part of the ANCC syllabus. The ANCC examination is not inexpensive. Comparing the ANCC exam fee to the AANP exam fee, the ANCC exam fee is significantly more expensive. Compared to the AANP exam, the ANCC exam is more established, founded in 1991.
Difference Between AANP and ANCC
- Amer. Assn. of Nurse Practitioners, or AANP, in its entirety American Nurses Credentialing Center, has its complete name in the abbreviated form ANCC.
- An elected board of directors runs this organization, all members of the AANP itself. In contrast, the American Nurses Association (ANA) governs the ANCC (ANA).
- Specialties in the AANP are smaller than those in the AAN. The ANCC, on the other hand, has a greater variety of things than the AANP.
- There are 150 questions on the AANP exam, and you have three hours to finish them all. This exam comprises 200 questions that must be completed within three to four hours. ANCC
- Aspects of the AANP curriculum include evaluation, diagnosis, clinical management, and the practitioner’s role. On the other hand, the ANCC syllabus contains an assessment, diagnosis, plan, and evaluation.
- The AANP exam costs less than the ANCC exam, which is more expensive. In contrast, the ANCC exam costs a lot.
- Since its inception in 2013, the AANP exam has been relatively recent. As an alternative to the more recent AANP exam, the ANCC exam has been around since 1991.
Comparison Between AANP and ANCC
|Parameters of Comparison||AANP||ANCC|
|Full-Form||Amer. Assn. of Nurse Practitioners, or AANP, in its entirety||The organization’s full name is the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).|
|Governing Body||An elected board of directors runs this organization, all members of the AANP itself.||The American Nurses Association is the ANCC’s governing body (ANA).|
|Specialties||Specialties in the AANP are smaller than those in the AAN.||Compared to the AANP, the ANCC offers a broader range of specializations.|
|Question Pattern||Three hours and 150 questions are required to pass the AANP exam.||It takes 3-4 hours to complete 200 questions on the ANCC exam.|
|Syllabus||Aspects of the AANP curriculum include evaluation, diagnosis, clinical management, and the practitioner’s role.||The syllabus has four stages: diagnosis, planning, and evaluation.|
|Exam Expenses||The AANP exam costs less than the ANCC exam, which is more expensive.||The ANCC examination is expensive.|
|Establishment||Since its inception in 2013, the AANP exam has been a relatively recent development.||Since 1991, the ANCC exam has had a more extended history than the AANP.|